Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Galaxy Note 2 my impressions


Well I finally pulled the trigger and went and got me the Galaxy Note 2 from T-Mobile. And I have to say I am loving this phone.I thought it would be too big but after using it now for a week It does not seem that big. First it's light and thin so although its big with a 5.5 inch screen it not bulky. Having that quad core in there makes it fast and with it running jelly bean it is buttery smooth. All the apps on there run fast with no hiccups and the included apps that the phone came with are awesome. All the features are great and work well for a person that's very artistic or for someone that that is work orientated like me.

Love the feature where you can cut any picture out with your Spen and either email it or send it as a text message. Taking screen shots are so easy by holding down the SPen button and the pen to the screen for a couple seconds and there you have it a screen shot that you can write on and share with all your friends, either facebook or messaging. I find myself sending more emails and messages because i can make notes on a photo before i send it. The air view feature is great to look at pictures and videos but i really dont find myself using it that often. I do however like how the gallery for your photo's has options to view them either the classic way, time line or the lovely spiral view see pics below

Lets talk Camera and Video. The phone takes awesome pictures with a ton of functions to make it awesome. For fast moving shots try the burst shot that will take 6 shots at once, best faces also takes a few shot at once so you can as you can imagine use the best faces to come up with an awesome photo. You have paranorma, low light mode,and the one i love is where you can use your voice to say "smile" and the camera takes the shot.

Video is the usual suspects apart from the awesome Slow Motion mode. Here you can make some great slow motion movies simply by selecting "slow Motion" and start shooting. Its great to show to your friends.

Ok for sure when you first show off this phone you will get the usual reactions of how big this phone is, but once they hold it and start to play with it a little you came to see how smooth it runs and how fast the apps pull up and run with out a hiccup. 20 mins later after they finally give you back your phone they are really considering getting one also. My brother in-law who has always been a apple wanna be fan boy and loves his ITunes and is always fine tuning it told me that after seeing this phone he is really thinking of jumping on the Android band wagon. And thats a Big wow if anyone knows him. Two days ago he told me he signed up for a google account and started putting his music collection up to Google Music. Just so he can get ready for his eventual move to the Galaxy Note 2 .

Battery Life - Well with a 3100Mah battery you get a full day of regular use and i find myself not having to charge my phone during the day (it is a very hard habit to break) I keep a charger in my office because i am so used to everytime im in there to just plug it in and charge it, same goes for when i'm in the car and plugging it in. I have attached a screen shot of my battery usage where i am at almost 14 hours with the phone off the charger and i still have 53% of my battery left so as you can see you can make a full day easy.

Anyway with all these features on this phone i would be here all day talking about stuff so if there is anything you want me to cover drop me a comment or shoot me an email and i will cover it in another post so for now seeya.

No comments:

Post a Comment